lunes, 5 de marzo de 2018

Essay Writing (Week 2)

Hi everyone! how are things?

The topic of today is essay writing. Before discussing about the difficulties you can find when writing an essay here I provide you with a few links to writing labs online.

1º: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/
2º: http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/
3º: https://owl.excelsior.edu
4º: https://writing.colostate.edu

From my experience, the major difficulties when writing an essay are the following ones. First of all, it is the organization of ideas. When I see the topic of the essay that I have to discuss, I do not know how to start organizing the ideas that I have in mind. Nevertheless, when this happens, I imagine an outline of the essay in my mind rather than writing it in order to save time. Secondly, the structure of sentences. Most of the times I write long sentences that don't go anywhere. So long are my sentences that sometimes they lose meaning. In these situations I try to organize them into shorter sentences so that the information I want to discuss sounds better. Thirdly and most challenging difficulty when writing an essay it is the time. I consider myself truly complicated when it comes to make a decision. The same happens when writing an essay. I normally change the way I want to say something constantly. Sometimes I overthink about anything and that is not a positive point to myself.

Nevertheless writing essays is a matter of constancy. You can improve your writing skills by writing essays from time to time. That way, you will surpass yourself. In my case, I feel proud of the positive progress I have achieved writing in English. Now I have a highest level in grammar and vocabulary and I am more fluent!

What about you? Have you notice any progress in your English writing in the last few years?
___________________________________________________________________________
I've been watching my fav TV show in English with English subtitles in order to improve my fluency in English!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario