lunes, 7 de mayo de 2018

Complaining (Week 11)

Hello followers! I hope you are doing okay!

Today we're going to deal with the issue of complaining. Depending on the context, you have to watch your expressions and words. In the case of formal contexts, everyone must make a correct use of their language at the same time they want to defend their point. Moreover, there are a series of phrasal verbs which can help to make clearer their opinion.

In the following chart it can be seen a few of useful examples of phrasal verbs which can help speakers to complain in a formal context:


Other phrasal verbs from the same family of the previous ones:
Cut off: to interrupt a telephone conversation. 
Call back: to telephone somebody again or in return. 
Get through: to succeed in speaking to sb on the telephone. 
Hang up: to end an activity. 
Speak up: to speak louder.
Break up: to stop being with someone.
Hold on: to wait for a shot time.
Put through: to connect.

The next text is an example of a complaint about Ryanair's services. I will underline the expressions used by the author in order to describe his complaint.

Having a bit of a hard time with Ryanair personally.

I filed a complaint, sent them an email to Ryanair Customer Service with my problems and to claim for the compensation under EU Regulation 2004/261 and they basically sent me some forms to fill in and send to One Claims Ltd (who are Ryanairs Insurance Company).  

When I sent the forms off, with the reasons for my compensation claim etc, paid to get them sent securely so that i knew they arrived .... One Claims just sent me an email saying that they only deal with insurance claims for Ryanair customers who have taken out their insurance, and that I have to get back in touch with Ryanair Customer Service team for anything to do with compensation.

Going to try again with Ryanair Customer Services, but nothing worse than having your time and money wasted due to poor service.
________________________________________________________________________________
Today I've been giving English lessons to my students! 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario